new jersey guys and gals

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by prizeprop, Sep 12, 2005.

1. prizeprop

prizeprop LawnSite Senior Member

Where do you purchase your sod? A buddy told me Selody in Manville is out and not cutting anymore,I'll call tomorrow and find out first hand though. I want to purchase elsewhere and need some input on operations and quality,also price. Right now I'll rely on yellow pages, but would like a referal. Thanks in advance. REIDS sod farm in Freehold? Leons sod farm in Pittstown?

2. surfisher211

surfisher211 LawnSite Member
    from Jersey

2 places that are preety good one is reids sod farm and the othe is reeds sod farm both are ver good sod and pretty fair priced

3. fred pereira

fred pereira LawnSite Member
    from N.J.

Try Turf Grass in Milburn (Its a closer to you then Frehold)

4. Dreams To Designs

Dreams To Designs LawnSite Bronze Member

How much sod do you need? If you need a pallet or 2, Turf Grass would be a close source. If you need quantity, try Tuckahoe Turf Farm or Warfield Brothers Turf Farm in Southampton. NJ 800-273-2259. I have had great success with Warfield Brothers.

Kirk

5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Try Leon's Sod Farm in Pittstown, about 5 or 10 minutes south of Clinton and I78.

6. prizeprop

I need 1600 sq ft. Usually pay .18 cents or $90.00 for a 500 sq pallet. appreciate all your help. thanks.

grammattica a.jpg

7. prizeprop

Had to seed. Selody out,Reids out and Leons not selling to new landscaper customers. Customer was fine with it.