New Jersey Mulch

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by TJLANDS, Feb 14, 2008.

1. TJLANDS

TJLANDS LawnSite Bronze Member

Looking for another good bulk mulch supplier central NJ.
    Regular Double and triple shred Root mulch. Needs to deliver.
    Prices?
    500-600 yards needed. Maybe more.

2. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

If you don't mind, where were you buying from before? I personally use A.C. Hesse or OCRC, but I'm guessing you already know of those places. I've heard of a few other places, so let me know.

3. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

ive used mickey benoit a lot, he used to drop off walking floors to our shop or jobsites, hes in wayside/ocean township/tinton falls border, if you cant find the number i'll dig it out.. ive also seen a guy - elite tree service running around with walking floors as well, but we dont do much big mulch anymore so i never called him...

4. TJLANDS

I use SJAP( south jersey agricultural products) for all my dyed mulches. I just dont like their regular root mulch. I have also used Benoit. With all the new mega retirement complexes going up I just need more choices. One complex I bid on this year has over 800 yards of mulch that needs to be done every year. I just forsee A mulch shortage in NJ.
    I am paying $10 a yard delivered for Root mulch and 12 for dyed. 80 yards.

5. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

i think theres going to be a big one, they aren't building nearly as fast as they used to so of course landclearing is down big time.. probably start trucking from out of state i guess... i dont think the recyclers are going to be able to keep up with production, but well see..

6. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

Is it good mulch?

7. TJLANDS

Which are you referring to?

8. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

RER (Riverdale Enviromental Recycling) up here by me would probably run it down to you. 973-616-6654. Their prices aren't to bad, large fleet of trucks.

9. TJLANDS

What prices have you guys found for tractor trailer loads 80yds?