New Jersey Pesticide?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by mikefromny, May 5, 2006.

1. mikefromny

mikefromny LawnSite Member

do you need a license to buy merit in nj and apply?

2. olive123

olive123 LawnSite Senior Member

its gotta be a trick question...:confused:

3. maintenanceguy

maintenanceguy LawnSite Member
    from NJ

I don't know if merit is on the restricted list or available over the counter in NJ. Sometimes it depends on the formulation so something might be available without a license.

But you need a license to apply ANY pesicide in NJ if you are doing it for hire, or for agriculture. Technically, you need a license to spray a wasp's nest with raid.

4. Prolawnservice

Prolawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

If you do it for money, YES.

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

If you do it for hire,...regardless if it for money or not. f you do it as part of a service, then yes...you need a license. BG camn help you out with this question in your area.

6. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

To answer your REAL question. Yes merit is an RUP in NY and no you cant buy it in NJ and then sneak it back over the border to apply in NY. They will catch you, it has been tried already with other products.

7. mikefromny

mikefromny LawnSite Member

all im saying is if its legal to buy if your from ny and not for nothing what are 5-0 gonna search my car for one 50 pound bag of merit/fert ?? so i cant go to nj and get it .?