New Jersey snow storm 1/11/11

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by newjerseylandscaping, Jan 11, 2011.

1. newjerseylandscaping

newjerseylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

its suppose to drop some more tuesday or wensday i belive. Im feeling better now (anti biotics) so im ready to go.

2. dtriv89

dtriv89 LawnSite Member

Pretty good storm, got about 7-9 inches of nice light snow. Flew through my accounts in no time. I'm hearing chance of snow this weekend, I'm thinking it'll be a dusting pretty much though which is fine with me I hate weekend snows

3. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Got another 6-8 inches today, its going to snow right on through the weekend.

I really wish it would stop.

4. newjerseylandscaping

Well I for one hoe it drops more, haha gotta get me a truck. LOL

what do you guys charge and how do you do it? i have a customer ive been doing for a wile and she wanted an hourly rate and i told her id let her know. THanks in advance. Hunter

5. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

go to plowsite for that info. But an hourly rate doesnt work for snow removal unless yourt talking about mall parking lots.

6. newjerseylandscaping

Yea im on plow site to, i find the people on her more responsive.

7. Greyst1

Greyst1 LawnSite Senior Member

I try to hit 120.00 plus an hour. So far this year seems to be about right for me. Never sub, you'll just be making money for someone else. I like resi's allot but commercials are nice/consistent to have.

8. newjerseylandscaping

Its snowing now. the ground is covered as of now. Hope it Stays so we can make some money.

9. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

yup, plowing today. Its a good January so far.

10. newjerseylandscaping

Yea i F-ed up and hit a newspapper with my snow blower not that i was getting anywere with all this slush.