New Jet Engine Chopper

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Five Star Lawn Care LLC, Feb 27, 2003.

1. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Just got my first look at the new jet engine chopper. It appears to be built on a xw2300 frame. It is at my local shops spring open house right now. The rep. wasn't there yet so i couldn't get ant details but i will.....The only thing that was stopping me from driving it was a disconnected battery wire...i wanted to so bad, if i didn't have a lot of respect for art and everything he has done for this industry than i probably would have. when i go bad i will get some pics and a little more info on it.....maybe i can con the rep into letting me take it out for a spin:) :)

2. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

Hasn't this chopper been around for a while? The jet engine one I mean. I seem to remember Eric Elm talking about it before.

Gravely_Man

3. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

the jet engines have been around for a while i want to say they have 3 now unless they took the engine from an old one and threw it on this new one. but this is the first i have seen on the new frames

4. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

Ok we are in sync now. Please try and get some picture to share, as I would really like to see this.

Gravely_Man

5. WREBELMACHINE

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

I wonder if they built this new mower to race against the new hot rod mower that bladerunner is building! It would make for a cool race at the drag strip!

6. Mark P

Mark P LawnSite Senior Member

I think Eric has a picture on this chopper on his site, if not its in the search mode, i remember when he took a tour at the Manufacturing plant in Ind. They had the Chopper for show at the plant...........Marks Mowing Ser

7. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

the jet chopper was in my neck of the woods last weekend. the rep told me it was one of only two made. this is the mower that was featured in an episode of home improvement (tim allen) he said one of the main purposes of the mower was to show people that if the regular parts of the mower (excluding the jet engine) can stant up to 150hp. then the mower should have no problem performing with the standard engines. it was very very loud

8. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Sorry it took so long but i have got some pics.....the rep told me this is the one from Tool Time , but i know the mower isnt cuz its a xw2300 which is the kaw motor and they didnt produce those until last year if im correct. It might be the the same jet but deffinatly not the same mower.

left.jpg

9. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

another

side .jpg

10. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

last one

right.jpg