New Job Bid - 1st big Job - Help

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Mylawnwi, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Meezer

Meezer LawnSite Senior Member

Then open your eyes and your mind for I certainly have in my very first post in this thread:laugh:

2. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

thusfar 8 pages of absolutely nothing. Reminds me of the so called "premier site", when they were typing about strip clubs.

Time that could have been spent on refining your proposals, I'd bet 95% of the folks participating in this topic have proposals that are only good for wiping their 'you know whats'. Time that could have been spent refining your sales presentations. time that could have been spent on sending out thank you cards to your clients.

Ridiculous.

Now you kids need to apologize to each other. Do you hear me?

3. Oakleaf landscape

Oakleaf landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Meezer is there anything you don't know? Seems to me you are a jack of all trades.
    * Board Ups
    * Concrete/Masonry Repairs
    * Demolition Work
    * Gut/Rehab Work
    * Debris Removal/Trash Outs
    * Ready the property for rent and/or sale
    * Re-keys
    * Roof Repair
    * Winterizations
    * Lawn care/ Landscaping
    * Vehicle removal
    * 24 hour Emergency Service

From your webiste.

4. Meezer

Yes, Oakleaf there are quite a few things that I don't know how to do. :laugh: In those cases like electrical work, I sub it out.

The services that you posted came from our Property Preservation page of our website. Those services are for properties where we are the General Contactor.

http://rammasonry.com/Property_Preservation.html

On the services page of our website:

http://rammasonry.com/Services.html

it states:

RAM Masonry & Construction Services include, but are not limited to:

•Arch Ways
    •Basement Walls
    •Brick Work
    •Chimney Work
    •Demolition
    •Driveways
    •Emergency Repairs
    •Fireplaces
    •Firewalls
    •Foundations
    •Garden Walls
    •Glass Block
    •Historic Restoration
    •Lintel Replacement
    •Manufactured Stone
    •Natural Stone
    •Patios
    •Pavers
    •Preservation
    •Renovations
    •Repairs of All Types
    •Retaining Walls
    •Sidewalks
    •Stairs
    •Stone Work
    •Terraces
    •Thin Brick
    •Tuck Pointing
    •Unilock
    •Waterproofing

5. Oakleaf landscape

That's what I said you idiot. You do EVERYTHING! It's hard to be great at everything isnt it?

6. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

oakleaf -

Indiana is a completely different market than Anaheim CA.

If you ever been to Indiana - you'd easily see why some people offer a schlew of services.

Indiana is a state that's been hard hit by the recession. A guy has to do what a guy has to do to get by....

7. Meezer

My dear Oakleaf, as DVS correctly pointed out things are quite different here in Indiana compared to Granola land.

In addition, I hate to break the news to you, but they are successful General Contractors even in your neck of the woods. Only an imbecile would think it's a bad idea to successfully grow the company and keep our crews & subs working year round before and even during a recession. The majority of properties that we work on doing Property Preservation services happen to be foreclosures which in my area, we have plenty of. We're hired by Brokers, & Banks to work on them. These same brokers & their investment group buddies hire us to do hardscaping & masonry work on non-foreclosure properties. It'a all about networking, referrals & putting food on the table:cool2:

Lastly, glad to read you been spending a lot of time on our website. So tell us, where's your website???

Last edited: Apr 20, 2010
  8. GrassIsGreenerLawnCare

GrassIsGreenerLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

dont worry man, that meezer *** is always bashing on people. ive seen him on other threads doing the same thing. cubs do suck. dont worry bout trash like him. there will always be some1 to make fun of everyone they meet, these people are usually insecure and have LBS aka- little big man syndrome. i would bet on it that he was made fun of in high school and is about 5 foot 6 with huuugggee beer muscles

9. Meezer

Oh really?? All one has to do is check my 138 posts which clearly shows that I don't. :nono:

Yes they do and so do you GrassIsGreenerLawnCare:hammerhead:

10. Oakleaf landscape