New Job Bid - 1st big Job - Help

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Mylawnwi, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Meezer

Meezer LawnSite Senior Member

2. Oakleaf landscape

Oakleaf landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks, we worked hard on it.

3. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

With all due respect if you're looking to generate new leads and sales off of that site - the sad thing is - IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN. In which case you got some more work ta-do.

That site is 105% lacking of S.E.O.

Without S.E.O. - all that site is doing is it's floating around lost in cyberspace. Literally. Now I know you may be thinking "what a fah king A$$ this Mr DVS is". But trust me - it's true. You're reading a post from a vetran contractor who's 85% of sales come from......the internet :)

As it stands right now, the only people that will find your site are the people that see your web address listed somewhere (yard sign, truck lettering, brochure, biz card).

4. traderfjp

traderfjp LawnSite Member

If you're not sure about price you can always have the customer put out the money for the supplies and then charger a per day fee. 400.00 for you and a worker would get you a decent wage.

5. Bogielski

Bogielski LawnSite Member

So what is your hourly rate for labor? We charge 75/hr for landscaping.
    Our estimate for your 100 hours is $7500 alone in labor.
    -$1000 per worker (i would have 3) = -$3000
    add in another $1000 for random stuff.

total job cost i would have estimated at around 10 - 12k for that job

Last edited: Apr 28, 2010
  6. Bogielski

Bogielski LawnSite Member

again we charge 75/hr. Mind you when you employ people, labor isnt profit. Labor covers rentals,fuel expences and workers, not profit.

7. Bru75

Bru75 LawnSite Senior Member

Why would labor cover rentals and fuel?

8. northofeden

northofeden LawnSite Member

So after all these posts, where are the pictures of the finished job?

9. CM_HEMI

CM_HEMI LawnSite Member

GEEz! I dont blame the poor guy for not posting pics of the finished project. I wouldnt either. He posts pictures of his hard work almost done and the majority of the people responded with "damn that looks like crap". I think there are some peeople on this thread that need a good dose of compassion added to their responses and a HUGE self assesment of their egos. Everyone had to start somewhere, at some point in time. No one starts off a professional. I cant even count the number of times this guy said he was just starting out and it was his first big job.Who cares if its not big compared to what u guys do, its big to him and thats what counts becasue this is his thread that he started.