1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New Job Offer

Discussion in 'Seal Coating Forum' started by daveintoledo, Oct 11, 2005.

1. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

ITS 5256 sqft, as stated before i didnt intend on doing much of this but it has been asked of me agian, neighbor loved the other job i did....

i cant get bulk material so i have to go with the 5 gallon buckets,...im figuring on 15 5 galln buckets, at 12.00 each plus crack filler, around 200 for material.... i was going to quite him $575.00

i know there are companys who can do it much cheaper, but is this reasonable....thanks for any input
  2. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting LawnSite Senior Member

Your at .11 cents per square foot which is ok if there is not to much clean up however, i would charge additional for crack filling, i normally charge a minimum of $30.00 to $50.00 for crack filling (residential)
  3. The landscaper

The landscaper LawnSite Senior Member

what are you doing?
  4. Hes sealing a driveway.
  5. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

i will go up another 50.....
  6. jim dailey

jim dailey LawnSite Senior Member

Try this: go up the additional $50.00, and then discount the total ($625) by $ 25.00, for " Prior Customer Discount". That rounds it off to $ 600 for you, and sort of impresses the customer. Just remember, in the future,that you should stay on the high side of things with this customer...then give them their little "discount" that they will no doubt be looking for. It works for the both of you. And, stupid as it seems and sounds, they really think that they are getting "something for nothing". Try it...it works.