new job..

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by mrusk, Sep 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigviclbi

bigviclbi LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

Seriously his company built it, I don't care who actually used a hammer and nail. Does everyone here lay every paver on their jobs? I doubt it. That being said those spindles are ugly, you should have gone with a black aluminum spindle, it looks great with ipe. Too much white with the lattice and spindles. And ipe really isn't that rare Matt, I see it all the time. Nice work though, and you deserve credit.

2. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

Ipe seems rare in my area. Seems like everyone is all about composites now. I just have no interest in working with composites.

The lattice wont look bad once we do plantings in the spring. Right now I can't tell which looks worst, all the walls or all the lattice!

3. Superior L & L

Superior L & L LawnSite Senior Member

If Rusks company sold it. Then its Rusks deck.

We build cool patios and design/install neat practical landscapes yet i havent done a design in a couple of years and havent planted a shrub in a long time !!

I hire great!! skilled people to do these things and I help put the whole thing together doesnt matter who "does it" its the companys name on the work

4. Summit L & D

Summit L & D LawnSite Senior Member

Matt, for what's it's worth. You spend way to much time slinging mud with the "punters" here on this site. Post your pictures, make your comments about the project and let the guys that want to nit-pick with you go. They don't need answers, because they already know what they want to hear, and you're opinion is probably not going to agree with them. Your work has been complemented by the "best" on this site...and in this corner of cyber space thats all that really matters.

5. PAPS Landscape Design

PAPS Landscape Design LawnSite Member
    from us

it amazes me how jealous some people are on this site of other guys' work, the same guys who couldn't lay 5 pavers in a straight line if you asked them too, yet they think they have the knowledge and expertise to comment on large scale work like this, its really sad.

6. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

I don't think anyone is "jealous".

M-Rusk sometimes directs negative statements to others, and then a month later he'll post pics of work he did that is along the same lines of what he was just flamming someone else for 33 days ago.

There is a difference between "jealously" and makin someone eat their own words :)

I don't get turned on by pictures of a bunch of block stacked in ribboned lines. Even pics of a 3200 SF paver patio are non-thrilling as well. And thats what you'll find on our website!

What thrills me are jobs that contain art, imagination, and creativity. And I'm non of that!! I wish I was! Without any of the aforementioned elements - even if a tractor trailer load of the most expensive wall block was stacked - it's still a cookie cutter job.

7. Top Dog Pavers

Top Dog Pavers LawnSite Member

Nice work as always Rusk

8. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

It is hard to sell 'custom' stuff to many customers, you can try to sneak it in though. I enjoy seeing what is being done in other areas because I don't see to much cool stuff here(in my work area).

9. Tom B.

Tom B. LawnSite Member

Looks good! How did the contractor like working with Ipe? It's pretty tough wood. By the way, you never answered my question on another post about building code for stairs. When is a handrail required? What's the max riser height and the variance allowed? What height above the nose of the tread is the railing supposed to be? I hope you answer this time Rusk.

10. cudaclan

cudaclan LawnSite Member
    from Zone 5

For your county:
    http://www.colocode.com/boulder2/title10.htm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.