1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

new job..

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by mrusk, Sep 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

oh who gives a f, tthomas dosent even use a footing so they cant really be that important. :laugh::laugh: *trucewhiteflag*

2. GroundScapesIncorporated

GroundScapesIncorporated LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

That would be my guess.

Lookin good Matt

3. Summit L & D

Summit L & D LawnSite Senior Member

You can find a Cannon Rebel XT for probably less than $300.00. But make sure you don't scrimp on a lens. Get something like a 17-40mm wide angle lens. It'll probably run you $500.00+. Now sure, there are some to be had for cheaper, but make sure you feel confident in what you're getting.

4. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

If you have a costco nearby check them out, last year I picked up a VERY nice nikon d80 in a package deal. it takes unbelievable pictures once you learn how to use it.

5. wcoltharp

wcoltharp LawnSite Member

That's a smart man right there! Go with a Nikon DSLR. I have the D40x and have been amazed at the quality and wide variety of shots/ modes the camera has. Whether its the D40, D60, or D80 you'll be more than happy! Let us know what you get.

btw, I think it's passed due time to lay off of mrusk. Everybody loves to critique him and it's been proven he's capable of running a business, so hopefully we won't have to read to many more of those posts. just my .02

6. Hardscaping

Hardscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I think it is not hard to comprehend that he meant to say if you don't not if you do

7. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

Man you guys are rough!! We build a few retaining walls, use to build alot of them, and I was going to post some pics if we ever freakn got one!! But I am rethinking it now I dont want to catch as much crap as mrusk and many others have..

and yeah I think it is time to lay off mrusk.. I was looking at old threads yesterday and he had posted one about buying a brand new cat skid and he was NINETEEN!! So he is obviously capable running a business and at that he is really good at it.. and in my opinion he does great work and he does alot of it..

Also how many guys that are his age that own fullsize excavators and are doing as good as he is? So why dont you guys just lay off of him he has caught crap so long on here it isnt funny...

8. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

actually, I do like Rush-a-roni, but I have reservations about him owning a full size excavator.....

9. PatriotLandscape

PatriotLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MA

I think he is just compensating for something.....

10. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

Guys the excavator was a good purchase!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.