New John Deer 920M

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by jeeperscrow, Mar 14, 2014.

1. jeeperscrow

jeeperscrow LawnSite Senior Member

Well I debated with myself for a long time on what mower to get. I was sure a month ago I was getting a Husqvarna P-ZT. Then I talked to a dealer here on lawnsite who told me he has major issues getting parts for them in a timely fashion so I moved on.

A couple of weeks ago I had decided to get the Gravely 252. Then I went to the local dealer and didn't have a great experience. The owner contacted me, but it just never felt right.

In the end I decided to go with John Deere and the 920M 54". They have a great dealer (AgPro in Athens) that is right in the middle of several of my routes. It also helped they dropped the price a couple hundred for me from original quote. Salesman was very helpful and knowledgeable. It helped that he personally owns a similar model. I had a ton of questions and he answered them all. QOC was another big point that in the end sold me on the Deere. Based on some cutting I did today at my own house the QOC is fantastic! Picked up my new mower today.

Sorry bout the black dot on the pics...issue with my iphone.

IMG_0159.jpg

IMG_0161.jpg

IMG_0163.jpg

IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0166.jpg

IMG_0171.jpg

IMG_0164.jpg

IMG_0158.jpg

2. Biggie3388

Biggie3388 LawnSite Member
    from N/a

If you don't mind what kind of price did you get on this?
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. jeeperscrow

Ended up getting it for 8200 +tax which gave me a grand total of 8774.

4. APLUS LAWN CARE

APLUS LAWN CARE LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from North Missouri

Awesome mower. You won't be disappointed. Deere makes a really good mower and that is a great price.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Biggie3388

Biggie3388 LawnSite Member
    from N/a

Fantastic I am going to check this model out. Please post some pics after you mow with it. Eager to see what the quality of cut is like
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Chevy z71

Chevy z71 LawnSite Fanatic

Good choice.

7. jeeperscrow

Might be a bit before I can get some good pics of the QOC. Only weeds growing for the most part here. Turf grasses haven't really started popping out yet. However, I will say even cutting weeds today the yards look better than after I had mowed them three times over last summer with my homeowner JD mower. Very impressed so far!

I saw your other thread asking about mowers, and didn't want to chime in because you hadn't listed a Deere. I think you would be very pleased with this mower, and it really is built like a tank. I mean the thing is just so solid. Also, I noticed you were thinking about bagging to give it a clean look at your house. This thing really cuts everything up so fine you might not even need to. I would demo it for sure at your place and see if it works without the bagger.

If you are looking for QOC then I'm not sure you'll find anything better than the 7IronPRO.

8. jeeperscrow

Thanks APLUS and Chevy! I am very excited about it!!

9. ANA Proscapes

ANA Proscapes LawnSite Member
    from NH

I demoed the same mower last year and was pretty impressed with it. Fast ass hell, quality cut, very comfortable, and solid. Only thing that I didn't like was the fuel usage. It had the 23 hp on it. My dealer gave me about the same price on it too. Good luck with it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Cody S

Cody S LawnSite Senior Member

Great mower. I love the look of those Deeres, should serve you well. Plus, I love seeing someone run something else than Exmark!