New John Deere 7H19/54 W/B Demo Opinion

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by imograss, May 27, 2004.

1. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

I have used Deere w/b's for 7 years now. I borrowed the new 7 series today from my dealer and put it through a good days work. I will post My likes and dislikes with a few more pics. Here is the first pic.

newdeere.jpg

2. imograss

I currently run an HD75 17Kawasaki 54" deck. Here is a pic of the two side by side. The HD75 is on the left, the new 7 series on the right.

twodeeresft.jpg

3. imograss

The new mower seemed extremely long and a little lower profile. The 7Iron deck is full floating and the fronf tires are air filled instead of solid tires on the HD/GS series. The caster forks are a bit thinner on the new mower, The tires are wider and that was a plus. Most of these units will not have the electric start and hour meter options , I see this as a negative. The mower was very easy to start, but I still prefer the electric start. I was told by the dealer that these are not even options. The spot where the velkie bracket attatches is on the hydro tank and you cannot weld or bolt through this so the dealer had "rigged up bracket" on it. I will post a pic of it as well. This is to me the biggest draw back to the mower as it put the velkie way out behind the unit causing you to stay bent over while riding. I think even the 15" velkie arm would still be to long. The cut was very good, the engine was quiet and it had a manual park brake that contacted the tire when engaged. The new hydro system was"ok" but mine seemed a little more responsive than this unit.

deereback.jpg

4. imograss

Here is a pic of the controls . My dealer priced a new unit for 4995.00

deerecontrols.jpg

5. imograss

Here is a pic of the two from the back the new unit is on the left. Both mowers are 54" hydros. I decided against the new one.

deeresbackview.jpg