1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New John Deere 800 series z now online

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tyaroch, Mar 13, 2008.

1. tyaroch

tyaroch LawnSite Member
    from MI

Just visited the JD site and the new 800 z's are online. Just thought I would let you folks know.
  2. eshreve1234

eshreve1234 LawnSite Member

Is the deck Belt or Shaft Driven?

Looks like its a good bit more $ that the 7 series also. :(
  3. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

Huh... I didn't even know they were working on new Zs... engine choices are still a little limited... What kind of hydro system does it have? I thought the older systems were a single pump... did they change that?
  4. cybervision

cybervision LawnSite Senior Member

If I understood the dealer correctly the 800's have a integrated motor/pump on each wheel. It does not use the integrated duel pump like the 757.

They claim the advantages are that there are no hoses and each unit has its built in reservoir eliminating cross contamination if there is a failure. The disadvantage would be the price to replace the combo unit. Their argument against that is the elimination of multiple component failure with a single reservoir system.
  5. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

YIKES!!!! STAY AWAY! My John Deere HD45 walkbehind has a similar set-up... costs over a grand to fix if it goes... and thats one side....
  6. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

Good idea as far as eliminating cross contamination but that type of system had some problems on the kubota zd series.