New John Deere 997 work pics #2

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tonyr, Aug 20, 2005.

1. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

Here are some more work pics to show you of the new John Deere 997 with 60'' Rear Discharge deck.

pic #1 a before shot of a vacant block council sent me to clean up, this is thick weedy sticky sappy stuff that clogs any deck. except this deck!

DSCF0579.JPG

2. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Damn,How tall is all of that Tony? It looks like if ya stood in it it would be about waist high. Got any after shots??

One more question how ya likin the Deere now that you have had it for a bit?

Thanks
    Rob

3. Tonyr

....and after a couple of passes, the jungle was conquered, all in under the time it would of taken my Toro Z588E to do 1 pass.

and I don't want to hear that crap that these big commercial mowers aren't made for this work etc, blah, blah, they are!!

DSCF0580.JPG

4. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Looks great Tony. Totally different than the before pic it does'nt even look like that same lot.

Rob

5. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

Tony,
    That looks Great! Looks like a weekly mow.

6. Tonyr

and this is just a shot of a park I did this week, bermuda. This was easy, not long or wet....but still even though in the heavy areas I need to double pass to take away the windrows, it is still faster than the Toro Z588E, and it came up equally as good on this cut, or better!

DSCF0581.JPG

7. LawnBoy89

LawnBoy89 LawnSite Senior Member

Did you bag it? There are barely any clippings.. That is amazing, nice mower!

8. Tonyr

and here is just another pic different area of that park this week....

nothing special, but shows in easy conditions the rear discharge decks can be good, but I did remove 1 baffle to get it to do this.

After cutting for a couple of weeks, I like this machine a lot, even though I'm still keen to solve the windrowing problem/issue, at least I can still do what I did before and in many cases better, and safer.

Only thing about the machine that is a problem is the air intake, and engine over heating, I'm taking it to the dealer this week for tests, these are not set up to handle dusty conditions, and rear discharge is very dusty under and behind the mower.

DSCF0582.JPG

9. Tonyr

Windrows...

here is a shot of a job, one of the first with this mower on lush bermuda/carpet grass mix...

after 1 pass, see the ugly windrows?

DSCF0577.JPG

10. Tonyr

on the left of this pic is after 1 pass like the above....on the right it is cleaner, this section I went over the windrows with deck raised 1'' higher, nifty trick eh?

DSCF0578.JPG