New John Deere Skid Steers now?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by WillieWonka1850, Jun 4, 2009.

Tags:
  1. WillieWonka1850

WillieWonka1850 LawnSite Fanatic

Does John Deere have some New Skid steers coming out or they already out or what? Their D Series machine and I have a picture of new CTL.
    I've heard nothing about this :confused:

D series.jpg

2. DeereMan85

DeereMan85 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Iowa

D series will be out late this year.

3. JDSKIDSTEER

JDSKIDSTEER LawnSite Bronze Member

Llllllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttttttttteeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrr

4. WillieWonka1850

I've never really had a chance to try out Deere Skids but I've heard their really nice.
    Only tried one, a 317, and not the one I've wanted to (wanting to try a 325 or bigger)
    Anyone know what improvements will be made to the D series?

I've also heard that Deere's CTLs ride a lot better even without suspension on the rollers.
    This true?

5. DeereMan85

DeereMan85 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Iowa

There will be a multitude of improvements. The main (and most important, IMO) change will be the new cab. The goal was to have a better cab than Cat--we'll see if they pulled it off.

Deere's CTLs do ride better than many other rigid undercarriage and some suspended CTLs in the area of vibration. By that, I mean when driving on a smooth, hard surface, their roller configuration helps stop some of the rattling and shaking that occurs without dual flange rollers. However, ride in the sense of bounciness over uneven/rough terrain would be no different than any other rigid undercarriage CTL with the same number of rollers. The only way to make a rigid undercarriage ride better in that sense is to have more rollers tightly spaced together in order to decrease hopping.

6. WillieWonka1850

Yeah. I don;t know, CAT has a pretty nice cab.
    What is this? Every Major Skid Steer is improving their cabs. Their trying to compete with Cat is whats going on. Then can try but we'll see for ourselves.

I demoed a Cat 246C in March........Wow!
    I still want to demo a John Deere. They're pretty nice from what I heard.

7. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

Are you the williewonka928D from Youtube?

8. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Deere's is the same undercarriage as Komatsu and Cat, dual flange front idler and triple flange rollers (center of the rollers does not touch the inner track) and single flange rear idler.
    Deere might claim their's has the smoothest ride in the CTL category, but that's only to their 60/40 weight distribution versus Cat's 70/30.

Deere is comparing apples to apples on the Cat versus Komatsu versus Deere battle on undercarriages.

9. WillieWonka1850

Why, yes, yes I am.

10. WillieWonka1850

Wouldn't the 60/40 on the Deere decrease Tipping Load and Lift Capacity?
    It would make it more stable but with a Cat C series you got an air suspension seat with the joysticks that move with the seat (The Best feature of the Cab)
    If we were to trade in our Case 1845C, lets just say, we'd be making a trip up to Michigan CAT in Saginaw :D
    I tested a Deere and it didn't impress me. So far CAT has impressed me.