New John Deere Skid Steers now?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by WillieWonka1850, Jun 4, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Digdeep

Digdeep LawnSite Bronze Member

My comment was too general. Komatsu used to build the PC15 here before it was replaced with the PC18. I may be wrong but I think the PC18 is still being built in Japan. However, I know that they build the 22/30/40 tonners in the US. They do build their skids and CTLs in the US too.

2. Digdeep

Kobelco, also known as Kobe Steel still produces their min-excavators in Japan and builds 16-40 ton in GA. I was way to broad in my earlier comment.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2009
  3. Tigerotor77W

Tigerotor77W LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Germany

Cat produces in Gosselies, Belgium too (345-385).

4. Digdeep

Good point. My comments are related to machines intended for the US market. I think CAT even produces excavators and dozers in Indonesia and China for that part of the world and in Brazil for the Brazilian market. Just like Bolbcat already produces small skids up to I believe the S160 in the Chech Republic for Europe, Africa and the Middle East- I think CAT used to call this market EAME.

5. Tigerotor77W

Tigerotor77W LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Germany

Correct on all counts.

And I didn't mean to pick your comment... shouldn't have said anything.

*runs away*

6. Digdeep

Didn't take it as "picking" and it was a good point. I think that it is interesting in that it points to the fact that this is truly a global economy with all the manufacturing in different areas focused on regional markets.