1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

New John Deere Skid Steers now?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by WillieWonka1850, Jun 4, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

That's my point exactly. If you've run anything other than that 430, you'd throw rocks at it. To each his own, but there are much, much better minis available.

2. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

3. Bleed Green

Bleed Green LawnSite Bronze Member

So what you are saying is that you are impressed by these new machines and would be running one if they had come out a few years back? :confused:

4. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

You'd look good running PowerTan, Denny.:usflag:

5. bobcat_ron

I am impressed at the look, higher cab entry and Cat style door, BUT if they would have had this out in 2007 or even 2005 (when I was also looking around for another CTL) I would have jumped in a Deere.
    But because they never bothered to put pilot controls in the 322 in 2007, I didn't want to even look at one, much like the Case 420CT.

As impressive as they "look", it's just too little, and too late to win me over, now it's just a matter of putting a radius path loader on the D Series.

6. Skidsteerman

Skidsteerman LawnSite Senior Member

Our D series intro is just finished.

WOW!!! is all I can say. Way to leap frog the compitition Deere. I'm very impressed with the new series changes.:cool2:

7. WillieWonka1850

WillieWonka1850 LawnSite Fanatic

Would you mind sharing some changes?

So when is Deere gonna put anything up on their site?
    I'm dying to hear about the changes and see some more of the D Series.

8. Duffster

Duffster LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

Larger cab fully pressurized
    New rounded bubble door
    New interior layout
    Auto idle
    Cooling upgraded tremendiously (ready to run mulch head, probably best cooling package on any non-dedicated mulch machine, totally different than anything else on the market)
    Optional reverse fan
    Hydraulic fan (runs as needed)
    improved lighting
    New 89hp track machine

9. WillieWonka1850

WillieWonka1850 LawnSite Fanatic

I like the sound of the Auto Idle, that should be really nice.
    Plus the upgraded cooling sounds great should we need to a run a mulching head or Brush Cutter.
    Though I was looking over the cab picture and I see that the Joysticks are not mounted to the seat like the Caterpillar C series and the Bobcat M series. Its a nice feature for when your going over really bumpy areas but I can do without it. Its not a necessity.
    Oh, and are joysticks standard or will it still be the Hand/Foot controls standard?

It also looks like they use the Bobcat style suspension seat, which to me is a big piece of sh!t. That suspension seat never works with me, but will they have an Air Ride seat option?

And I think DeereMan or SkidSteerMan said they will have an switchable ISO-H pattern option.

10. bobcat_ron

I just thought of a new word to describe Deere and Bobcat copying of Cat's cab's:

"CATERPILLARIZE".

Now discuss this new word amongst yourselves quietly and productively.