1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

new john deere standon

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HazellLawnCare, Apr 12, 2002.

1. HazellLawnCare

HazellLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

I just received my new John Deere Quicktrak standon ztr. Its nothing more than a green Great Dane but hey atleast I won't have to drive an hour for service. This thing is a mowing machine.
  2. Guardian

Guardian LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Have you compared the Deere to the Wright Stander?

I haven't seen the Deere yet, Our dealer doesn't even know when to expect it. I like the Wright, but I'd like a "quick" deck adjuster like the deere has.

What deck size/engine does it have? Is it comfortable?

3. hubb

hubb LawnSite Member

Does it have the stamped 7-iron deck like the other Deere mowers? I'm just wondering because I've heard from some local guys that they just dont blow the grass out very well. Lots of clumping they said. Just curious.
  4. MuskTurfKing

MuskTurfKing LawnSite Senior Member

Congrats on the new mower (man I've been saying that a lot latey) I'm interested on hearing how this thing holds up.

5. HazellLawnCare

HazellLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Yes its got a 7 iron deck as far as I could tell the last couple days it does a really good job of mowing. It has a 54 inch deck and heck I cant remember I think its like a 19 horse kawasaki. As for the Wright Stander there nearest dealer would be an hour from here my only choices are deere, kubota, or husquavarna. I've had awesome luck with deeres and kubotas but the husqy has been in the shop more than its been in my trailer and the service has sucked I'll NEVER buy another thing from them.