New John Deere X700 series

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by cdsang, Jan 30, 2006.

1. cdsang

cdsang LawnSite Member

I just saw the new X700 series on the John Deere web site. To me it seems basicly the same as the X400 and X500 with cheaper prices and a small physical changes. I think they sit alittle higher from what the specs say and seem to have a new deck they call the Edge Xtra. I have broadband and the 56K people may or may not be able to see it yet. I noticed one day some websites use different servers for different speeds and some may see stuff sooner then others. I may talk to my dealer soon about them. Just thought I would give you guys a heads up.

CD

2. Smalltimer1

Smalltimer1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah, I wonder if they'll put the leftover '05's on clearance about June? I'd jump on one then if it could be worked out. Of course, they'll have a long ways to go to compete with my 1977 JD 300....:p

3. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

Regarding the new X700 series, I really don't see many changes from the X400 and X500 series that would convince someone to buy one over the other:confused: what am I missing?

4. Smalltimer1

Smalltimer1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Lower priced this year, starting at $8750 instead of $9200.....other than that, the 700's are just renumbered X400's and 500's.