new john deere ztr's

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 2 clowns mowing, Oct 28, 2007.

1. 2 clowns mowing

2 clowns mowing LawnSite Senior Member

i liked the new jd zeros. i forget the model but it was the next biggest one i think it was the 850 better controls and less problem with scene's clogging( they are mounted on top instead of toward front) up with flying grass. more hp at 31hp a little harder to mount and dismount mower seat. only available with 72" cut would rather have 60" cut would have to go a couple sizes lower on 27hp to get 60". i'm still glad i bought my 797 with 60" deck and didn't wait for the new ones and thinking of searching for another 797 instead of buying the new 850

2. greengiant9963

greengiant9963 LawnSite Senior Member

The new mowers are out already? Where did you see these? Your dealer. Wanted to take a look at the new models but they are no where to be found around here.

3. blublazes

blublazes LawnSite Member

they were revealed to the public at expo this weekend

Paul

4. greengiant9963

5. cpel2004

cpel2004 LawnSite Bronze Member

@ clowns mowing, Im sorry but I really didnt understand what you were talking about?

6. r.eckley

r.eckley LawnSite Member

I was also impressed with the new lineup. Looks they made a lot of changes. Ijust wish i would have taken time to check a little closer. I believe changed hydro pumps. I ran a 850 i think whatever it was ran really good. Too much to look at- too little time. All in all good show

7. gl1200a

gl1200a LawnSite Senior Member

I was really disappointed in them. There seems to be no logical step in each of the new Z-Traks as the models go up. And the top of the line gas unit is air cooled? Plus John Deere left out the main concern of mine which was a SUSPENSION.

Spending a full day on a ZTR is quite a physical ordeal when you have to mow at a speed to be profitable on a daily basis.

8. Travis E

Travis E LawnSite Bronze Member

There are some pictures the the Picures Forum under "Gie".

I personaly don't like them myself. After talking to one of the guys, it grew on me some. Some new things are two hydro pumps instead of just one, lever to raise the deck is lower to the floorboard (makes easier for a tall guy like me), the decks have a bigger piese of steel around the bottom edge, fuel gauge on them now, they striper is different, vertical shafts instead of horizontal which eliminates some belts and it is easier to take the air filter off and on because of less parts in your way, 11.5 gallon gas tank, mowing speed of 12mph, cast iron caster arms and solid front tires. Some of the things that I didn't like was first of all I think they look stupid, the back bumper has really no area to put a hitch onto.

Here are some of the models...

Z-Trak Estate Series..
    Z510 - 22HP w/48" deck
    Z520 - 25HP w/54" or 60"

Z-Trak Pro Series...
    Z810 - 22HP w/48" or 60" deck
    Z820 - 25HP w/48", 54", or 60"
    Z830 - 27HP w/60" or 72"
    Z840 - 26HP w/54" or 60"
    Z850 - 31HP w/72"

9. Travis E

Travis E LawnSite Bronze Member

Also, they did not make any changes to the 997.

10. greengiant9963

John Deere really needs to offer more engine options like Scag and Exmark.