Lawn Care Forum banner

New Jungle Jim

5K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  Grass Man 
#1 ·
Here's my new Jungle Wheels sulky I got a few days ago. I found a similar one one on the net for about $90 cheaper but they wouldn't ship to FL. It's going to take some getting used to but it's much better than walking.

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

Train Building Electricity Motor vehicle Electrical wiring

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tread

See less See more
#4 ·
When you turn around at the end of a pass to go and make another one, don't you make turf circles? I have a velke but I never use it because at the end of each row I manually turn the mower so the inside tire doesn't stay in the same spot the whole time. Any advice?

Nice jungle jim though, I have a mower similiar to yours, its the ferris version.

#6 ·
I have a jungle jim, i retired it for a proslide. The proslide is easier to use since it retracts by it self but I weigh so much that the mower will spin the tires alot during turns, might crack the jungle jim out until i can lose some weight. The jungle jim will get easy, took me like 3 uses to get used to it, but after that its easy, works good too.

#7 ·
kc2006 said:
I have a jungle jim, i retired it for a proslide. The proslide is easier to use since it retracts by it self but I weigh so much that the mower will spin the tires alot during turns, might crack the jungle jim out until i can lose some weight. The jungle jim will get easy, took me like 3 uses to get used to it, but after that its easy, works good too.
lol. try walking if you need to skinny up. :p

#10 ·
fishinman22487 said:
Chad-
Nice setup you got there. I see that looks like maintenance meter on your metro?? I have one of those on my viking, a really good investment to keep track of hours. What part of Jax to you work in and how about how many accounts to you service?
Fishinman
Yeh the meter has really come in handy. I only used the mower on my own yard 2 times before I put in on so it's pretty close to actual hours. It only cost $15.
I work mostly on the SW side of town. I have some in Orange Park to, I Started the year with 12 accounts from last year. Now I have 30 with very little advertising. Maybe 100 flyers. Most new business has come from people just seeing in there neighborhood every week and liking my work. And I dropped four from last year.
Hows business for you.
Where in St. Augustine are you. I'll be down that way in a few weeks.

#11 ·
Chad-
Business is great just bought me a new truck 2000 Dodge Dakota, V8 and 4X4, an awesome truck for towing, terrible on gas :cry: Im live on Anastasia Island about 3 minutes west of the beach!! What are you planning on doing in St. Augustine? Well Im always in Jax about 2 days a week or so, working with a watergarden/waterfall/pondless waterfall contractor in Ponte Vedra.
-fishinman-(Noah)

#13 ·
fishinman22487 said:
Chad-
Business is great just bought me a new truck 2000 Dodge Dakota, V8 and 4X4, an awesome truck for towing, terrible on gas :cry: Im live on Anastasia Island about 3 minutes west of the beach!! What are you planning on doing in St. Augustine? Well Im always in Jax about 2 days a week or so, working with a watergarden/waterfall/pondless waterfall contractor in Ponte Vedra.
-fishinman-(Noah)
Noah,
Glad to hear business is good.
I like the truck. Is that a K&N Air filter. I want to get one for my 01 F150. I've been to anastasia island a few times. My wife loves it there. Were coming down for a freinds wedding in a few weeks.
Chad

#14 ·
Chad, Can I offer a bit of advice? When your mowing make SURE you do something with the chain (like clip it back to itself or the speed lever). . . or it comes back and smacks you in the "Jimmy". Don't ask me how I know, but I used to own a TTHP.

Just thought I'd try to save you the pain and embarassment.

#16 ·
TOSLC said:
Chad, Can I offer a bit of advice? When your mowing make SURE you do something with the chain (like clip it back to itself or the speed lever). . . or it comes back and smacks you in the "Jimmy". Don't ask me how I know, but I used to own a TTHP.

Just thought I'd try to save you the pain and embarassment.
Thanks. Really, thanks. Even with it chained to itself its still in range of the jewels. I just clip it to the throttle lever.

#17 ·
sounds stupid but where do you clip the chain to? I have a chain on mine and could never figure out a good way to clip it up out of the way. (that is what its for right? To clip up the jungle jim so you can walk?) Never used my jungle jim much but I'm starting to use it more now. Thanks

#18 ·
Could anyone on here that knows, tell me what jungle jim's web site is.
Thx

#20 ·
Hows that working for you? I have one and love it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.