New JX75

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Scag48, Jun 19, 2004.

1. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Hey guys. Just picked up a new JX75 yesterday. Apparently in the last couple months, Deere has changed the JX. It now has a 6.75 HP Kawi and a 2 lever height adjustment, one for the back and one for the front. Other than that I think they're the same, although they didn't have a mulch plug that fit it, had to order one. It bags very nicely and the 3/4 more HP is definately not a downside. Other than the engine and height adjust upgrades, I think the machine is the same as its older counterpart. They told me I couldn't get an oil filter kit for it? Anybody else know what the deal is there? Anyway, I will keep posted as to how well it mulches as soon as I get the mulch blade and plug.

2. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

I dont think that it mulches that good. I got one in April and blew a head hasket after only about 20 hrs. Also, the gears in the wheels seem to slip and grind a lot on steep hills. They are plastic so I dont think that they will last very long. The wheel base is also a little longer so it makes it a little harder to get tight into into fences and such straight on. Their side discharge chute also doesnt fit on the new model either. The 2 lever height adjuster is nice though. It does bag very well, better than the past few years models I think and the bag is bigger too. Seems to get in about 1/3 more before it is full. The new bigger engine is nice but I think that all of this years models have the 6.75 hp kawis on them.

Over all, I think that I should have gotten the top end home owners model because the only thing different from that and last years 75 is the engine size (6.75 this year) and it has only 3 speeds. The transmissions are the same fit so I should have saved my money and just swapped the trans from last my '03 JD 75 into the top JA series.

Hopefully mine is a dud and you dont have any of the problems that I have gotten so far.