1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New kid

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Schazboy44, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Schazboy44

Schazboy44 LawnSite Member

Hello, I've been cutting grass now for about 7 years. I have around 20 lawns and growing. I just purchased a Gravely 260Z this spring and just don't have enough good things to say about. The only thing I have a question about is the rear deck wheels. Its a X-Factor deck and when im cutting the two rear deck wheels in middle are leaving marks. They're leaving two lines right down the middle of the grass where I just cut. They cannot be lowered down or raised higher higher, they're fixed to the deck. I was just wondering if I should try adjusting the pitch of the deck or try just taking them off. Any advice will help.
  2. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you have a bent blade?
  3. Schazboy44

Schazboy44 LawnSite Member

Not them aware of. Its brand new with now only 6 hours on it. Im gonna get under neath it tomorrow to check everything out. But I believe its the 2 back scalp wheels leaving the marks. Its just laying the grass down and leaving unsightly strips.