new Kiniker C Plow

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by cowboy, Nov 30, 2000.

1. cowboy

cowboy LawnSite Member

Hey guys,

just got my CPW catalog in the mail, and on the back there is a new Hiniker C plow, info: http://www.hinikerco.com/qhitch.html

I have read on this forum that Hiniker plows might not be the best, but this new c-plow, essentialy rotates to become a backdrag plow.

this looks like a pretty awesome device, same price as V-Plow.

Just want your guys opinions on Hiniker plows/this new C-Plow if you have tried it?

Adam

2. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 LawnSite Senior Member

Honestly... I don't see it doing much better than backdragging with a normal plow. If I were going to spend the money, I'd get a V-plow.

-Tim

3. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

What you do is buy the plow of your choice (Right now that'd still be Boss for me) and you get the locking cylinders.

Then, you modify the RTIII Rapid Tach so you can activate the Quick-hook switch from INSIDE the cab as well as on the column. That'll give you DOWNPRESSURE which'll clean WAY better than that contraption Hiniker calls a plow.

PLUS: with a V-plow you can drag backwards in the V-position and it'll cradle snow (somewhat)

4. cowboy

cowboy LawnSite Member

so what your saying is that a v plow , backwards in the v position (hard to explain with words) is almost as good as a regular plow in regular forward plowing?

hope that makes sense

Adam

5. PINEISLAND1

PINEISLAND1 LawnSite Member
    from WEST MI

OK Lazer-

You gotta quit coming up with all these new ideas. You're making me feel inadequate here!

Does that really work on the Boss V's?

6. DaveO

DaveO LawnSite Member

OK Lazer,

You obviously have got wwaayyyy too much spare time, to keep comin up with these ideas!!! LOL

Like the downpressure one...

Dave

7. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 LawnSite Senior Member

Or... just buy a SnoWay. Honestly, I'm really happy with it.

-Tim

8. John Allin

John Allin LawnSite Bronze Member

Lazer needs some snow to bring him back to reality....

9. n y snow pros

n y snow pros LawnSite Senior Member

If Heniker cant keep there straight blades together (and i know),i feel sorry for the guy that buys the Heniker c plow.There v plows bend at the site of snow.Oh and yes Heniker my telephone number again is 845-485-4200 please call me so we can fix my 3 Heniker plows which were under warranty when all there problems started.I will not go away until you call me and im sure this bad press dosnt look good so call me so we can put this to bed!
    thankyou
    PS if you dont call im taking the thankyou part back
    John Parker
    186 Cottage Street
    Poughkeepsie,12601

10. DaveO

DaveO LawnSite Member

So John,

Are you saying that you had a PROBLEM with your Henniker Plows under warranty, and they WON'T resolve the problem??

Just wanted to make sure I understood correctly.

Too bad, Guess I won't consider them an option...LOL

Dave