1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New kioti ck30

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by Rollacosta, Sep 27, 2005.

1. Rollacosta

Rollacosta LawnSite Senior Member

Here are a few pics of my new kioti ck30 ,the attachments i got with it were a front end loader ,a Rotomec flail mower 5',and a Tomlin 6' mounted chain harrow

2. saktate

saktate LawnSite Member

Why did you choose a Kioti?
  3. saktate

saktate LawnSite Member

Found all I need to know with the search command.
  4. Rollacosta

Rollacosta LawnSite Senior Member

Well guys i got to say KIOTI rank along side KUBOTA any day...what do you guys say on the matter ????..i would even go to say there built a little better !!!
  5. Smalltimer1

Smalltimer1 LawnSite Bronze Member

That looks to be a little too much tractor for your truck, but you probably already noticed that. :p
  6. hosejockey2002

hosejockey2002 LawnSite Bronze Member

You may have noticed that he is on "the other side of the pond". I've never been to Europe, but from what I've heard they don't feel the need to climb every hill at 80 mph while towing. His Toy is likely to have a turbodiesel 4 banger with a manual trans and good low gearing, not the V6 car engine and slushbox you would likely find in the same truck over here. I would venture to say that it may have much heavier and stiffer suspension components than you would find on a similar truck here. Rollacosta, care to comment on how your truck pulls the combo?
  7. snmhanson

snmhanson LawnSite Member

I beg to differ... but then again I own a Kubota and have never actually even seen a Kioti in person. :p
  8. Guthrie&Co

Guthrie&Co LawnSite Senior Member
    from nc

see many kioti's fall to pieces. good luck getting parts for that thing years from now.
  9. snmhanson

snmhanson LawnSite Member

Ok, seriously now, I've actually heard some good things about Kiotis. Particularily the more recent models. I am on a few tractor-specific boards and the Kioti owners have very little bad things to say about them - even the ones who have owned them for a while. The biggest complaint seems to be their smaller deck size. Most of the owners who needed parts had no problem getting them. I wouldn't go and trade my Kubota for a Kioti but that is mainly because I don't have any local Kioti dealers and my Kubota/JD dealer is one mile from my house. If I didn't have my tractor and there was a Kioti dealer close by I would definately consider one. I wouldn't worry too much about the durability or parts availability of your Kioti. IMO the modern Kiotis are just about as durable as the big three and parts should get easier to get as they continue expanding their market share. Just go have fun with it...

10. DK35vince

DK35vince LawnSite Member

I own a 2001 Kioti DK 35. In 665+ hours the only part I have broke is a tachometer cable. (an $8 part).
    A very nice/solid machine, and parts availability is a non-issue!!