New Kioti soon?

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by hickslawns, Apr 26, 2008.

1. hickslawns

hickslawns LawnSite Member

Here is where I am. Looking for a compact tractor with loader to replace our articulated loader. The articulated is capable of some very hefty lifting with pallet forks, but really lacks power to do any dirt work. It also lacks the ability to hook onto attachments other than forks or bucket. So I found a Kioti LK3054 with a 60" front end loader and enclosed cab. 255hrs. 4x4 shuttle shift. I think it is 30.5HP. No other attachments included. $9000. Just looking for opinions. The cab is worth $1500-2000 to me. Not sure what they cost to add later, but this one comes with it. I am thinking a comparable JD or Kubota would be $3-5k more than this. I did a search and Kioti owners sure don't say anything bad about them. JD and Kubota owners were narrow minded in the threads I searched, but to each his own I guess. I am narrow minded when it comes to my Buckeyes vs. the team up north, but open minded when it comes to equipment because I know eventually they all break. This tractor should do everything I need it to. Any opinions on price? Tractor model? Quality issues? Looking for open minded opinions. My other option would be spend twice this to buy new w/ loader but without a cab. Thanks in advance.

2. hosejockey2002

hosejockey2002 LawnSite Bronze Member

From what I've heard they are good tractors, but it will not replace your articulated loader. The LK only has a loader capacity of around 1000 lbs. IIRC. With forks on there that capacity will be less. You won't be able to lift a pallet of anything heavy.

3. hickslawns

hickslawns LawnSite Member

Got the tractor home and it has been working great. Wish I had a little more input before, but it worked out anyway. I would recommend them. Plenty of power for what I am doing. Tight turn radius. Cab keeping me dry right now and some of the dust off this summer. Hope this helps if anyone else is looking at these.

4. coobie

coobie LawnSite Member

Good choice.I looked at Kubota 4240,mahindra 4110 and few other tractors before buying my 2008 Kioti DK40se a few months ago and could not be happier.The kubota 4240 was $7,000 more and the Mahindra was $2800 more,than the Kioti.:)