New Kohler Aegis Torque Monsters...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TLS, Aug 22, 2002.

1. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

The only problem with those engines is they are only horizontal shaft. This is a good thing for Exmark but a lot of the other manufactures use a verticle shaft engine.

3. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

the verticals are still high at 32.8 and 38.5.....

these are some nice engines, they have certainly come a long way over the years!

4. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Anyone think next year's Exmark line might bring an Aegis powerplant to the table?

5. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I reall dont consider those two figures "high". Run of the mill 25hp A/C Kohlers are 40 lb/ft, and they are by no means considered a powerhouse.

Keith,

I don't know for sure if Exmark is going to offer this engine. They did let out a little secret a while back in their fourm about future powerplants. They didn't say what the secret was....but said there were changes in the mix coming soon. They have a lot of time invested with the Kawi LC design, and now with Kawi offering their LC'ds with EFI, the power race continues. Who benefits?....US!

More POWER ! :D

6. gorrell

gorrell LawnSite Senior Member

The new 28 hp EFI vertical shaft comes in at 44 lbs/ft of torque. That's not too shabby........Lynn

7. MONTE

MONTE LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone know how they stack up against the GENERAC or the new KAWASAKI efi?

8. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

MONTE,

If you lean them real carefully, you can "STACK" them as high as you want! :D

The 29hp DFI L/C Kawi looks to be quite an engine. I like Kawi's website, they show HP & TQ curves on a graph! Not just peaks like Kohler does. The new Kawi 29hp has a VERY flat torque curve, where my 27hp tapers off at the top end where WE need it most! This is the big advantage of EFI/DFI. It gets as much juice as it needs! Not too little, not too much!

The GENERAC is Aircooled, and a 50-75 cc bigger engine. So I would hope it would feel slightly stronger.

9. MONTE

MONTE LawnSite Senior Member

TLS Thank You for the reply! I tried out a 27hp l/c kawasaki last tuesday and I was impressed with how quite and strong it is! The 29hp efi must just be awesome!

10. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member