New Kraftsman Trailer

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by rmslawns, Mar 30, 2011.

1. rmslawns

rmslawns LawnSite Member

Thanks Robert. At least all the fertilizer I put out will be kicking in. Plenty of sharp blades ready!

2. ANT1093

ANT1093 LawnSite Member

Placed my order last week. I was impressed at how easy it was to lift the gate. I like their attention to the small things like the construction of the gate.

3. JFGauvreau

JFGauvreau LawnSite Bronze Member

That's pretty nice, I wish mine had that toolbox cage in the front, I'm sure it comes in handy.

4. rmslawns

rmslawns LawnSite Member

I almost did not add the tool cage JF, but I added it after thinking about how many times I have left things unlocked and have gotten away with it. ANT, this is my second trailer from them. You are correct about small things like the gate. Good luck with yours.

5. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

We have a kaufman (think theyre brothers) thr spring worked good but eventually it was broken off because it would drag on a few sharp drives.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. rmslawns

rmslawns LawnSite Member

I looked at Kaufman but was concerned the dovetail they include would scrape going out of some steep parking lots.

7. Robert Pruitt

Robert Pruitt LawnSite Senior Member

I thought about the same thing. the place that i get my fuel has a steep drive going to the street.just take it at a angle,and no problem.have hit the jack a few times thou.

8. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

That trailer looks well built. One thing to do is ditch those crappy bias ply tires for a decent radial. I wore mine out in a month.

9. rmslawns

rmslawns LawnSite Member

I will do that South Fla on the next set. Good advice.

10. organiclawncanada

organiclawncanada LawnSite Member

Nice Trailer. Any pics of the gate assist yet?