new kubota mower?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by haybaler, Jan 21, 2008.

1. haybaler

haybaler LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

Hey I have a 23hp Kubota Z-turn and love it. put over 300 hr's first season. I heard they just came out with a 27HP gas model but don't see it on there web site. anybody have any info on this?
  2. jgangaware

jgangaware LawnSite Member

Yes there is a new gas model scheduled for '08. I was in my dealership today looking at the now ZG23 and he told me about the new 27 hp 54in cut mower that will sell for about a grand higher. Tell me about you 23hp. Any problems thus far?
  3. Military Lawns

Military Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

I recently considered the KG23 and posted a request for some information for one. However, no one ever responded. Anyhow, I went with the EverRide Warrior 25 Kawi and it is an awesome machine. Anyhow, tell me how you like that Kubota!

4. haybaler

from ma

The only thing you have to get used to is the hydraulic deck lift pedal. on the bigger diesels they use a two pedal system. other than that the mower is flawless. It only has one belt on the whole machine. it's direct drive with a drive shaft to the mower deck. The Kohler motor has lot's of torque. the front left wheel is offset so you can turn really tight around objects. It has a nice cut and mine came with a combo lift/mulch blade and grass does NOT stick to the deck at all. I hope I see the 27 HP at the New England Grows Expo in February.
  5. br549oicu8

br549oicu8 LawnSite Bronze Member

Our dealer sells both Kubota and Everride. We have 3 ZD-326's new this year and I have 4 Everride Warriors with the 25 HP Kawi. The dealer even the Kubota for diesel and the Everride for gas. Maybe big improvements have been made but the early gas versions of the Kubota were not that good.
    Just my nickel........
  6. haybaler

from ma

I love my ZG23. you just can't compare it to the larger machines. wait for this 27HP to come out then you can compare apples to apples.
  7. FordLawnLandscape

FordLawnLandscape LawnSite Member

i know yall are talking about the gas burners. but recently bought a new Zr326 in november with a 27h diesel. it has the 1 belt drive, 2 pedal hydraulic deck (which i LOVE). TONS of tourque and is VERY effiecient on fuel. the ONLY draw back i have on it is that its a REAL heavy mower and tends to scuff up really SOFT ground if u turn on a dime. all in all i wouldnt trade for any other mower. JMO... :cool2: