New Kubota SVL90-2

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by scagrider22, Jan 2, 2014.

1. scagrider22

scagrider22 LawnSite Bronze Member

After weeks of price shopping and demo's I finally picked up a new CTL, I usually know what I want but I was very torn on what machine to get, I almost bought a Bobcat T750. The Bobcat did look a lot nicer inside but felt cramped after sitting in the Kubota. The Kubota seemed to push a little better and the Bobcat had more breakout force...or so I thought, I put the Bobcat bucket on the Kubota then it felt about the same. The Kubota bucket is deeper putting more leverage on the machine, not sure if I like that but I will try it for a while and see. The other reason I liked the Kubota better other than price is that the tracks will be very easy to clean out, my T250 Bobcat was awful to clean out.

tn.jpg

tn1.jpg

tn2.jpg

2. AEL

AEL LawnSite Bronze Member

Very nice machine! Keep us updated

3. scagrider22

Thank you! I will give some updates after i get some hours on it, the first hurdle for me will be getting efficient with pilot controls.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

Friend just got a 75 very nicemachines s
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Cornell

Cornell LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

Nice! I demoed one last summer when my T770 was getting serviced.

Nice machine for sure, I'm just spoiled with the roller suspension on the Bobcat and that's what got me.

Cab in those things is huge and comfy. I like the roll up door too.

I swapped to ISO pilot controls 4 years ago with our first T770 and I don't like going back to H pattern. I can easily do it I prefer the ISO as far as precision goes on the E/H machines go.

6. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Beautiful machine.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. whiffyspark

The one thing I liked over bobcat was you can run it with the door open. I used to get pissed when I had the slam the t190 door lol
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. scagrider22

I plowed the parking lot at work today and didnt mind the controls to much, they are much more responsive than Cat. I find myself still moving my feet though...

How did you like the kubota compared to your t770? Ive ran my buddies but never done any real work with it. Seemed like a great machine but the open tracks and large cab with over head door were big sellers for me. Is H pattern hand and foot?
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. whiffyspark

Posted via Mobile Device

10. whiffyspark

No h use both control sticks like they were levers. But when you move them left or right it controls the bucket/boom

Personally I hate H. For some reason I always manage to dump the bucket when spinning around lol
    Posted via Mobile Device