new kubota z700 mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JCLawn and more, Oct 21, 2013.

1. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

2. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Looks good!! Cant wait to try one.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. JCLawn and more

from MI

I am really digging how they made it. I just wish they would put a seat on there worth something. Like a zpuffer from factory would just be a smart idea. Or an air ride grammer. Also this weighes 400lbs more than the z100.

4. Vecchio Lawn Care

Vecchio Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Kubota ztrs are built like tanks. Spindles are ginormous.

5. JCLawn and more

from MI

ya it looks a lot like my ZD326 in a smaller gas package

6. Southern grass

Southern grass LawnSite Member

Whats the price tag on one of these and I wonder if they are shaft or belt driven
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. JCLawn and more

from MI

belt and my guess is in the 7 to 8 range

8. Southern grass

Southern grass LawnSite Member

Are they just more heavy duty then the residential ones they have out already. You can buy the zg222 with a pro deck in the 7 to 8 range ain't it considered a commercial gas mower
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. JCLawn and more

from MI

the most bottom end zd222 with a stamped deck is $8100. If you bump an engine size up is $9800 and yes its full commercial. The z100 is $4700-5500ish and zg227 is $8100-$1000 and I assume this z700 is going fall in the middle.

10. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

There's some nice features on this thing, many of which are almost exact copies of what Deere has been using for several years now. I'm not sure about that front baffle in wet conditions though. I see the chute is huge, but the baffle is designed to recirculate the clippings more before exiting. I'm guessing it will clump some in the wet, and/or thick stuff. It reminds me of Bob Cats newest front baffle in the way it is curved in front of each blade past the center of the arc. I think if they had left off the extra bit of curve at the end of each chamber, they would have had an excellent design. It needs rear anti scalp wheels too.