new kubota z700 mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JCLawn and more, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Diesel Dude

Diesel Dude LawnSite Member

How much does it cost to replace the drive system on a Hustler? I be willing to bet its at least that.
    Spindles are high though.

2. KDJ

KDJ LawnSite Senior Member

21cc pumps & wheel motors I can change both sides for 2100.00 That would be me doing the labor.

XR7 deck spindles aren't the best in the world but I pay 86.00 per spindle.

The price of the spindles are why I came home with a empty trailer.

3. KDJ

But there's always tomorrow............Damm that's a pretty mower

4. Diesel Dude

Yeah, thats high for those spindles. I wonder if you can rebuild them.
    If you have the XR7 I guess you don't have the Hyper drive system on your Hustler. That seem like a pretty good setup, at least on paper, but I bet its also expensive. Have you considered the new Hustlers?

5. KDJ

They don't sell complete spindles just parts. Alum housing 95.00 bearing 23.00ea shaft 58.00 sleeve 7.00 When the bearing go they will take out the alum housing so most likely looking at 121.00 for a rebuild.

The xr7 spindles only last about 200hr Yes 200 hrs I had a deere I took out of service at 1260hrs and never changed one spindle. So maybe I need to rethink this.

The hyper drive is what I was looking to get, but 14000.00 for a mower?
    The last batch of hustlers were 8250.00 ea or I can get a z700 for 8799.00

6. Diesel Dude

I did not realize they did their spindles like that. I'm curious to see how long these kubota spindles last.

200 hours on spindles is pathetic. I can't say much though I think I was getting about 400-450 out of my exmark's spindles. They are the sealed units.

I also have a Deere with over 1200hrs. and another with over 800hrs. spindles are great on both of them. I hope the kubota's hold up as good as the Deeres.

I've driven the hyper drive and it is very nice, but $14000 dang. Mowers are getting higher priced every year.

7. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Was speaking of the heavily baffled underside. Can you say blow chunks?

8. southgagrass

southgagrass LawnSite Member

Wondering if anyone has had a chance to demo one of these yet and what your thoughts were? Thanks guys.

9. jeffb007

jeffb007 LawnSite Member

Im beginning to think the deal with Kawasaki fell through the cracks!It has been 3 months since I received the email from Kubota and nothing has changed.They are still only offered with the kohler engines and there has been no updates to the Kubota website.Anyone had a chance to demo one? I never went and picked the local demo up because the grass never got tall enough after last mowing to get a decent QOC check.

10. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

A local guy makes mowers and he was telling me all the test requirements for being able to put a brand of engine on a mower. It would take months. I would think it would either be mid summer or fall.
    Posted via Mobile Device