new kubota z700 mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JCLawn and more, Oct 21, 2013.

1. jeffb007

jeffb007 LawnSite Member

I went to my local dealer today and got a price for the Z724.The best I could get from 3 different dealers was $8299.00 It is a promotional price from Kubota and these dealers around here want budge on that price.
    No stripping kit available!

Z724 $8299.00
    OCDC $239.00
    Susp seat $399.00
    NC tax $639.00

Total $9576.00 OTD

They are nice machines but I think you get more for your money in other brands.
    John deere 920m 23.5 hp kawi, 54 inch deck,with suspension seat.
    $8099.00 + Tax =$8646.00 OTD

John deere 930m w 60 inch deck, 25.5hp kawi, suspension seat is $9198.00 OTD

Gravely Pro Turn 452 26 hp Kohler EFI or Kawasaki 25.5 hp priced today at $8499.00 already comes with Air Suspension seat OCDC is $229.00 + Tax
    Total $9318.00 OTD
    After much thought im going to pass on the new Kubota its either deere or Gravely for me.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
  2. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

Posted via Mobile Device
    You won't need a striping kit.

3. jeffb007

jeffb007 LawnSite Member

Is this deck design like eXmark where you don't need a striping kit?
    He still wants me to do a demo one.If I could some how get the fleet pricing on one I would definitely reconsider.

4. JCLawn and more

from MI

Ya on the 300 deck the there is so much suction you don't need it. You can literally see the grass being pulled towards the deck 1-2 inches away from the edge of the deck. From what we have seen of this deck its going to now more like an exmark than a jd or gravely. It chews the grass rather than cut and throw. I would compare easy of maintenance and wear points to the others. If you can grease everything on the Kubota then you know its going to cost less to maintain. I don't know how gravely and jd do bearings. Also on the 300's it comes with a standard 2 year unlimited hr warranty but for another 1k you can bump it up to a 4 yr unlimited hr warranty. That's on a 15k machine. It would be worth seeing how much a 4 year would be and at 0 percent financing that makes it a hot deal to not have maintenance costs for 4 years.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited: Mar 29, 2014
  5. JCLawn and more

from MI

If you can get all that for 10k then your mower payment with repair costs would be $89 a week if you have a 28 week season and traded in that mower for 1.5k after 4 years.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. groundskeeperllc

groundskeeperllc LawnSite Senior Member

Has anyone demoed or bought one yet?
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. JCLawn and more

from MI

A few guys have on here. There is nothing special to say about it.
    Posted via Mobile Device