new kubota z700 mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JCLawn and more, Oct 21, 2013.

1. jeffb007

jeffb007 LawnSite Member

I spoke with Brent the owner of cirrus power equipment today.He told me that the Kubota Z700 was only available with Kohler engines.

2. jeffb007

jeffb007 LawnSite Member

O.K. heres what I found out today,Due to all the rumors about Kawasaki engines being on the Z700s I contacted Kubota about it.To my surprise (Turf Product Manager)Christine Chapman ;)( Gorgeous) Emailed me today and said that yes they were going to add Kawasaki engines to the Z700 series in the very near future.She said the information would be available soon to keep checking the Kubota website.She also went on to say that videos of the Z700 in action would be on the website as well as photos of all the accessories for the Z700 in the next 2-3 weeks.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
  3. groundskeeperllc

groundskeeperllc LawnSite Senior Member

I went to another local dealer today and checked out the 700 series again, I'm really impressed with these mowers, only real worry I see is the gas tank has no heat shield from engine. There is only about 4-5" of gap between tank and engine with no protection. Salesman told me if I bought two he would throw in a Yeti cooler!!!! These mowers are just beautiful, love Kubota orange.

4. DXN1EL

DXN1EL LawnSite Senior Member
    from TEXAS

Just curios. How much is the ZD221?
    MY Grasshopper dealer price for the 321D 48" $12,296.00

5. groundskeeperllc

I priced one a few months back, ZD21 48" for $10,800. I demoed it too, it was a beast! My Grasshopper dealer is above 12K too for 321D 48 and 52". He said they push the 325D 61" so much bc it's only about $800-1000 more. Grasshopper has the 321's priced way to high.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. DXN1EL

DXN1EL LawnSite Senior Member
    from TEXAS

Yea the price is a little high for a 48" I think the dealer has a 325D

did you notice a difference in cut quality in the Kubota VS your Grasshopper?

7. groundskeeperllc

Cut quality goes to the Grasshopper but productivity goes to Kubota.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. groundskeeperllc

I went back today to take a closer look at the Z724 with the 54" deck. Had a few things I wanted to look at and ask questions about. I found out the new Parker Transmissions these have need a first fluid change at 300 hours and then every 500 after that. I got prices on basic parts too to see how much it's gonna cost to run them. Let's just say that's where Kubota makes their money. The "belt"($141) on the z700 is one big belt that goes from motor to deck and to all spindles on deck. I'm used to two separate belts on my Grasshoppers that are about $60 each. The spindles are greaseless and a bearing kit for each spindle is $64. The filters for the transmission are $38 each needing two per change. I was quoted $8299 for the Z724 with the 54" deck, I'm bringing my front mount Grasshopper over to the Kubota dealer tomorrow to see what they will give me on trade for it. They are the only dealer around here that takes trades besides my hopper dealer. Don't know yet but may take the plunge tomorrow if price is right.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Diesel Dude

Diesel Dude LawnSite Member

I need to take a look at these. Did not know about them.

10. groundskeeperllc

Yeah, they released them at GIE expo and were at the dealers the next week. Pretty nice machines and reasonable prices too.
    Posted via Mobile Device