New Kubota ZD-28 twins arrived

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Itsgottobegreen, Apr 8, 2006.

1. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Well I finally broke down and had to buy a new set of mower. Couldn't rebuild the old ones to get one more season out of them.

So I went shopping. Requirements 60", kubota diesel engine, easy of maintenance, etc
    Choices for kubota diesel powered: Exmark, Grasshopper, Kubota.
    after a demo. The clear choice was Kubota. Only machine I could sit on for 3 hours with out my back killing me from the poor ride.

The added cost of the diesel will get paid back quicky. Off road diesel is pretty damn cheap compared to gas. Plus the maintenance is a breeze with this crank up front end to change the blades. Plus grease fittings on everything. :drinkup:

Best part is 0% financing for 36 months. We should get 5 seasons out of these machines before they become back up units. The increased production and lower operating costs is going to save us $$$$$$$

I love the 28hp diesels. CAN YOU SAY POWER!!!!!!!!!!! wow, I mowed down my neighbors hay field, at almost full speed. Didn't even bog down.

Attached Files:

2. MSS Mow

MSS Mow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

I've got a ZD21/60 and love it. I'm sure the 28/60 is even better. Congrats on your new gear!!
  3. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Hey Wil, congrats on the new twins! They're beauts! That 28 'Bota diesel should never leave you needing more power, that's for sure.
  4. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice machines. How much are they?
  5. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

cause I bought two $10,500 each. Normally $11,000.

I just hope kubota comes out with a dumping hopper bagging unit before the fall. I had those little 3 bags. I like the dump and go option. If not I am going to have to fab something myself.
  6. Grass Man

Grass Man LawnSite Senior Member

.... Nice looking machines. Take good care of them and they should last you more then 5 seasons. I would take off those stickers on the rear fenders though. I never liked advertising for the dealers myself :).

7. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

Nice Machines!!!! Gona get a diesal tank in the back of the truck now? Can you also post some pics of all your other machines anfd truck and trialer sure they are all just as nice!!!! Good luck this season!!!!!
  8. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

9. Daner

Daner LawnSite Bronze Member

Great machines...Ihave the same one with the 72" pro deck going on the fourth season now...and I too have used the beast for hay fields and pastures the machine kicks a$$ big time...KEEP AN eye on the greese fittings on the deck...had to replace one bearing...but that was my fault...The seat there is a set of lock nuts under neath were the seat pivots...mine were way too tight... and i backed them off a bit and the ride was much better...all in all enjoy your new ZD 28
    PS They are great on fuel:dancing: l
  10. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Another neat thing.... just 4 or 6 bolts (can't remember which) holding that ROPS on.

Be careful though if you take them off yourself.

I did it an they're quite top heavy.

First lawn I did after I got my Kubota ZD-28 2 years ago, ripped 2 branches off of trees before I was 1/2 done. Promptly went over to the truck, pulled out the tool box, and ripped that ROPS off and put it in the back of the truck.