New Kubota ZD326P

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DieselHolic, Oct 31, 2011.

1. DieselHolic

DieselHolic LawnSite Senior Member

We just picked up a 2011 Kubota ZD326P with 0.0 hours on it while Kubota was having the 0% financing for 5 years deal. We demo'd EVERY maker out there and it came down to Ferris and Kubota. we were going to go with the Ferris 4500Z with the 28 horse Cat, but for $1200 bucks more it wasn't worth it. The Kubota is amazing, it is the most solid machine I've ever sat on, everything is made by Kubota and really is an amazing machine. Hopefully ill get some pics up soon.

2. K & K Mowing

K & K Mowing LawnSite Member

Bought one this past year. Like it a lot. The only issue is that with the heavy weight it dosen't like hillsides so much. Problem today is that it's still stuck in the snow from yesturday. No mowing today as was planned last week:mad:. I guess now a sure early end to the mowing season here.

3. TNGrassCutter

TNGrassCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

How do you guys like the cut quality and clipping dispersal of these machines? Any comparisons to other brands?
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. K & K Mowing

K & K Mowing LawnSite Member

Dispersal of clippings is pretty good even if the grass is somewhat wet. It only gets to be an issue if the grass is over 8" and say your cutting off 4"+ of the 8" which I actually do quite often. As long is it isn't wet it will still throw it out pretty good.

5. DieselHolic

The Pro deck is amazing, 6.5" deep, you can watch long blades of grass be sucked up under it when you go slow. the blades are set quite far back from the leading edge of the deck so the grass stands up straight before it is cut, the stripe is amazing even without a striping kit. The cut quality is 2nd to none, i was impressed. The discharge chute on the pro decks is insanely wide, the thicker or longer the grass is, the farther it throws it. I mowed some really wet long stuff the other day and it doesnt shoot out big clumps, just tiny ones that arent noticable and do not require double cutting.
    I'm impressed so far, and like i said, we demo'd every brand.

6. DieselHolic

I need a collection system, really wanting a quick dump set up. Looked at Protero, nice looking stuff, about 3k to my door, and the kubota collection system is just over 3k. any other companies i should know about?

7. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Congrats on your new mower!

I'm a Deere fan, but those Kubby's are really nice machines. I'd be proud to have one myself. I have looked at them several times now. I like the wider range of diesel options than most other companies offer too.

You need to try the Gator G6's in that thing now. You'll be really impressed with what they do, especially to grass clippings. Seldom does a product come along that impresses me as much as they have.

8. DieselHolic

Thanks! I do love deere too, (the 997 was too heavy for us) but diesel runs thru our veins, plus with the low fuel consumption (0.9 gpa) awesome torque and longevity of the motor itself will prove to be worth it.
    It is a stout machine, nothing is chincy.

And we had gators on our other machines, there will be a set on in the spring! were done for the year.
    Time to plow!:dancing:

ps where are you in MI?

9. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i love the gators on them. really nice this time of year

10. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

I'm in east central (not central east).

When you use the Gator's next season, make sure you get the new G6's.:usflag: