1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New Kubota ZD331... Whos' been on one?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lane, Jan 20, 2007.

1. Lane

Lane LawnSite Member

How about some feedback? Can anyone report on the handling, fit and finish? Price paid? This unit's specs look real good to me. :clapping:

2007 Kubota ZD321/326/331 Specs
  2. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

everything except for the weight that is.

my zd18 54" weighs about 1100(no rops)

the smallest machine 21* 54" wieghts 1650

550 more lbs for the 21hp motor. way too heavy for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

It looks like the 60" deck is 6.5" deep with a 18200 blade speed:cool2: YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYYYYYYY
  4. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

i wish they made some type of quick change gear for the deck speed.

the higher tip speed is nice for finish mowing but for rough mowing slower is better.

high rpm's and rocks arn't a good combination
  5. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Change the pulleys. Maybe you can ask them witch size to go Worth.
  6. chuck bow

chuck bow LawnSite Senior Member

That looks like one sweet machine from spec sheet and what iam seeing love to see one in person and see the price and heavy they are built
  7. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

I've sat on one, not turned the key "on".

It's nice, usually brand new mowers on the showroom floor are.

Anyways, I'm a Kubota guy, got a 2004 ZD28 and a 2006 ZD28. Not sure if I'll be hopping on a new one this year or not, even though the '04 is due to be traded in.

I was one of the first ones to buy a Ferris when they came out with their 4 wheel independant suspension, and paid the price for it.

The R&D wasn't done enough on it, you can look at a mower, how much it's changed in the last 4 years, and realize the whole R & D wasn't done on it.

Anyways, I know we're talking 2 completely different companies here, so I'm sure that come mid-April my dealer will have that 331 sitting in my trailer.

It had some things that I'm looking for, like what John said, the deep deck, plus I'm interested in seeing what the dual tanks will do.

I do only commercial properties, with 5 schools and 6 parks, so I'm not concerned with the weight.

Besides, it's not completely about weight, as long as you have a decent footprint for the mower to spread that weight out.

Yes, I know all about soft ground, especially in the spring, but again, I'm not on small residential yards.

Once the snow is gone, I'll go drive one around the dealer, but I'm sure guys that AREN'T in Minnesota will be able to be running one a month or more earlier than I.
  8. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

My dealer said he will be getting the new machines in about 2 weeks. I cant wait to see them in person!
  9. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

Here's a pic of the ZD331 from the 2007 Mid-Am Trade Show......Sorry for the bad pic's....

DURAMAX2 114.jpg

DURAMAX2 148.jpg
  10. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

I looked at them at the dealer. The 326 was around $12,500. I drove them around the parking lot, not that that proves anything, but he offered and who am I to refuse. Maintenance looks so easy and the machine looks worth every penny. I'm just trying to find ways to justify spending that much for the same size deck that I can get for $8000 or less. Seems the dealer only got the 331s with 72" decks.