New Kubota ZD's (info)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Travis Followell, Oct 8, 2006.

1. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

I just thought i'd share some information that i've learned about the new ZD series.

They have new styling, there is much more hydraulic flow through the transmissions at lower pressures for better reliability. They also have a higher ground speed, i'm guessing maybe 12-13 mph, and a deeper deck. I don't know if its a totally new deck design or the same deck thats just deeper. There is a sizable price increase for the larger ones but the smaller machines will stay about the same.

I also found out that Kubota has a 60% market share in diesel ztr's. Thats according to kubota. Thats pretty good considering all the competition.

2. beaver29

beaver29 LawnSite Senior Member

When will these new mowers be coming out?

3. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

Is that in the machines themselves...or are they just counting everyone else that uses their engine?

4. Travis Followell

from KY

I'm really not sure. They may be going by just their engines because 60% is quite a large market share for one machine considering all the competition.

5. Travis Followell

from KY

They should be out pretty soon.

6. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

Yah, thats why I asked. I would definitely believe 60% of all diesel ZTR's have a Kubuta engine. What other options are there? There are a few available with Cat engines, a few with Daihatsu and a few with Yanmar.

7. Travis Followell

from KY

And one with an Iseki diesel. Thats who makes the Massey Ferguson ztr's.