New Landscape business.. What mower?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by CrimsonLCS, Mar 27, 2007.

1. CrimsonLCS

CrimsonLCS LawnSite Member

Hey I am starting up a new landscape business and im not sure which lawn mower to buy for my first season. Iv been lookin at the redhawks, exmark and toro.. Any ideas?

Thanks
    Crimson

2. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

I would go with either a exmark or toro, The smaller toro walk behinds are the same as the exmark metros but the exmark has the ECS i like better. Ive never used the teebar setup toro has going but i hear its just as good. If your looking for a Z mower i would pick exmark over toro and i wouldnt buy a redhawkjust because its 500 less

3. martinfan06

martinfan06 LawnSite Senior Member

I am also getting started again and I bought 2 toro t-bars and really like'em toro makes a great product IMO easy to use easy to maintain and work one.

4. blakeg314

blakeg314 LawnSite Member

scag swz, exmark viking or turftracer if yuo wanted the deck a little bigger

5. CrimsonLCS

CrimsonLCS LawnSite Member

ok, i think im going to go with a exmark viking, i like the thought of hydro gears instead of belt driven gears otherwise i would go with the metro. Thanks for the advice

6. blakeg314

blakeg314 LawnSite Member

48 inch deck around 4600 or so