New landscape last week

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by sicnj, Jan 20, 2008.

1. sicnj

sicnj LawnSite Senior Member

started on a Church day care center mulch had to be 6" thick to pass State regulations when climbing equipment comes in[​IMG]

2. sicnj

[​IMG]

3. sicnj

[​IMG]
    Pavers were remnants from another tear out

4. sicnj

[​IMG]

5. lawnMaster5000

lawnMaster5000 LawnSite Senior Member

Looks good for the most part, but I would certainly try and stay away from hard corners like on the wood borders and especially the pad in front of the shed where it meets the mulch.

I would also have eliminated the rock walls. I don't really see the purpose for them in the first place, but they are also a liability if a kid is playing around them and hits his/her head on the wall.

You could have just as easily used more wood walls, or depending on why they are there probably have eliminated the walls all together.

6. sicnj

stone walls will be planted. The pavers will be an area where they get cleaned up before they head back to the class room. The first area will be the eating area. The back area will have the climbing equipment. The lady who runs the school approved design before completion.