New Landscape Trailer Question

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by carolinagreen, Apr 22, 2008.

1. carolinagreen

carolinagreen LawnSite Member
    from Zone 7

I need to purchase a new 16 ft open utility trailer for my ZTR and other equip. The brand I am looking at is Quality Trailers (...the name says it all.) It looks like it is well built.

The specs are:

Tandem Landscape Trailer (7,000 pounds GVWR)

16 foot deck
    lights, wire, connectors
    3x3 x3/16 angle frame and top rail
    standard dovetail
    4 foot spring assisted tailgate

I got a price $2170.00 out the door.
    18 inch mesh sides are a $200 extra option.
    Is $2170 a good price, is this a good brand?
    I was also wondering if it was worth it to get the 18 inch mesh sides.http://www.lawnsite.com/images/smilies/confused.gif
    :confused:

Any guidance on this is much appreciated.http://www.lawnsite.com/images/smilies/dizzy.gif
    :dizzy:

2. 04TurfT

04TurfT LawnSite Senior Member

well I just bought a tandem 6.5X16 open utility trailer with 18" mesh sides, a side, and rear gate,wood floor, trailer brakes, toolbox on the front, and the rear gate is spring assisted, for $1,000. It's rated at 3,500 pounds per axle. This trailer was a few years hold however, I have since painted it and it looks new. I bought it off a buddy of mine and I think I got one hell of a deal. I love having the 18" mesh sides, actually they are GREAT for mulching, but if your not gonna do much mulching I wouldn't get em. I think for a new trailer that sounds pretty good, you may wanna hunt around and just get a quote from another trailer company so you have some comparison in prices.

Hope this helps man, let me know if you got any questions!

3. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

Mesh sides are a must....if something falls off a rack inside the trailer, it will bounce around and not fall out. the high sides are great if you happen to get a clean up or a big mulch job... Also the mesh sides are like a giant peg board, in that it gives you a lot of options for mounting small stuff.....

4. blm86

blm86 LawnSite Member

that about identical to what i paid for my trailer that sounds identical. i just started a thread called pics of the equipment for '08 and there is a few pics of it there. i think that the sides are an ideal option. they make it easy to hang stuff from and also tie down equipment.

5. CALandscapes

CALandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

I have the 4' sides on one of my trailers. I LOVE them. They enable the trailer to accomplish a lot more than without.

6. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

I got a price on a 14 ft today, different brand though, $1995, so your price seems good too. I wouldnt bother with the mesh.

7. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

I was going to say this sounds way over priced, too !!

8. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

good price...go with the mesh sides.

9. Meezer

Meezer LawnSite Senior Member