New Landscape

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by rick2752, Aug 9, 2006.

1. rick2752

rick2752 LawnSite Member

Cant figure out how to post pics but here is a link of a Landscape job I just did. Im interested in everyones opinion.
    I promise not to get hurt feelings!!! Just dont flame me to bad. The last 2 photos are before shots.

http://photos.yahoo.com/rick2752

2. rick2752

rick2752 LawnSite Member

Forgot to add on the left side of house by the sidewalk will be a jap maple that they didnt have money for it yet.

3. FATWEASEL

FATWEASEL LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

Looks good. :) Did you add the other flagstone or was that hidden in the turf?

What plants did you use? Looks like some firepower nandinas and maybe some spirea?

4. rick2752

rick2752 LawnSite Member

Front of the house is china girl holly with little princess spirea in front of it. They had a problem with dog digging near the steps so those are golden barberry surrounding where the jap maple goes. They had a creek and we pulled the rock from there with a bobcat and dolly. Pic with the bird house and flagstone has Miss Kim lilac against house, golden mops on the right and Wiegela to the left of the rock. The stuff around the boulder was a sentimental plant they didnt want to move. Flowering almond I believe. Still plan on adding some Karl forester grass on both sides of lilac.

5. DodgeTruckMan731

DodgeTruckMan731 LawnSite Senior Member

looks nice

6. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks nice, but in pic # 2 i would of kept the same sequence. Just me , personel opinion.
    Mike

7. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Looks clean, but lacks character. Needs color, alot of dead space with nothing happening. Please take the tags off the plants. :)

8. rick2752

rick2752 LawnSite Member

Lol!! The tags are gone, I just got a little picture happy to soon. They were really after low maintenance, so no annuals for color. Lilacs bloom spring, wiegela and spirea summer color, Holly and mopheads will provide winter. Any other suggestions what would you add for color?

9. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

Dont sweat it , i forget the damn tags too.
    Mike

10. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Looks like a real good job you did there. You did make one common mistake, planting to close to the foundation of the garage. Good work though.