1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

New Landscaper In Nh

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by ACE LANDSCAPING L.L.C., Jan 25, 2005.

1. ACE LANDSCAPING L.L.C.

ACE LANDSCAPING L.L.C. LawnSite Member

Hi,
    I'm New To The Landscape Business. I Live In Nh I Wanted To See If Anyone Could Give Me Some Pointers On How They Keep Records And Come Up W/ Estimates And Run The Business I Guess. I Have A Partner In This With Me And So Far We've Been Doing It With Common Sense. Any Info Would Be Great. Thanks

2. sparcolawn

sparcolawn LawnSite Member
    from IN

where in NH you from? and my advice do you if you havnt already done so is to make sure you get insurence first off, and as far as the records go, keep extremely good ones!, keep track, right down, and save every little thing you do and spend for your business... congrats, on starting up by the way

3. ACE LANDSCAPING L.L.C.

We're Out Of Seabrook. We Got The Insurance Already. We Met With The Accountant And He Thought That The Grounds Kepper Pro Program Wasn't Good For Us Because You Can't Print Out Reports And Compare Them Against Each Other And Past Years And Stuff. He Said To Get Quick Books. What Do You Think? Also Where Are You From. How Long You Been In It?

4. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

Welcome ACE.

5. ACE LANDSCAPING L.L.C.

Thanks Boy, Where R U From?

6. sparcolawn

from IN

im from the lakes region tilton, northfield, franklin area

7. N.H.BOY

Sparcolawn---Are you serious? Im at same location. Just moved here from Lebanon-Enfield area.Just built house on 132 :waving:

8. sparcolawn

from IN

well welcome to the area! what part of 132? your in a lot of luck if its the sanborton side, they're dieing for a good LCO, i've turned a lot of people down up there cuz the three towns i work in do just fine

9. N.H.BOY

Well if you get any calls send them my way. I can get you a number and met up with you sometime. Im on the sanborton fire dept. but I live in northfield. Great talking to ya, what kind of stuff you got? walkbehinds? zero turns?Hope we can come in contact sometime. :waving:

10. sparcolawn

from IN

well i've been in the business for 5 years, but considering my age (20) i guess you could still consider me a rookie, but i've been going on my own the past 3, i have just one gravely walk behind that does me just fine for my lawns, last year i started doing bigger jobs and instulations, and this year i'll progress that and do more lawns and more designs, i'm looking into either a new exmark walk behind, or a zero turn i havnt decided yet. how long you been in this area, if you've been in the fire business a while im sure you've heard of harold harbour, he's my gramps.