New Lawn Business in Georgia

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by shopritecrisco, Aug 29, 2005.

1. shopritecrisco

shopritecrisco LawnSite Member

My husband Chris just started his lawn business about 2 months ago in Lawrenceville, GA. He has 13 regular customers and about 6 irregular customers. He often has questions about the business and it would be nice to ask someone (a mentor) these questions who has been doing this for some time now who is in the Atlanta metro area. If someone out there in this area and willing to be his mentor please send him an email at

Being that I am my husband's secretary, I have gotten more interested in this business as the months go by and was wondering what kind of lawn care needs to be done if any in the winter? It seems people don't want to sign a contract b/c they feel that they don't need lawn care in the winter and they don't want to pay for nothing.

I will often post to this site because my husband never has time. I hope this group can be helpful.

Thanks alot.
  2. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Hello and welcome to LS. I live in south Ga. which is a little different than your area. I also dont have a lot of contracts but I highly recommend them and will NOT take any new clients without them. After 8 years and getting burned more times than I care to remember I highly suggest them. You will find a lot of good advice on here (alone with alot of BS) and will quickly learn who knows their stuff and who is full of it. The search feature is a great tool on here as you can find the answer to just about anything in lawn biz you need to know and some things you don't want to know :D Good luck.
  3. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

just listen to the experienced people,... and you will do careful , some here are not fully honest about how they represent themselves..,... many are just kids... and you dont want to trust your business to children... :D
  4. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

<marquee loop="infinite" bgcolor="#DDDDDF"><font color="#000000">Have a tax question? Need free business advice? Ask our CPA. Click Here </font></marquee>
    Hi shopritecrisco,

When you are getting started, you may or may not want to only accept clients who sign contracts. As you grow you will learn more. Are you willing to turn down customers who won't sign contracts? Is it important to you that they do sign contracts? This is up to you. The longer you are in business the more you may find a need to spell out as much as possible to avoid previous pitfalls.

If you need further help, you can always send a question to our business consultant. He will get back to you for free. Just click on the scrolling link at the top of this message.

<table width=100%>
    <tr bgcolor="#C0C0C0"><td align=left><a HREF="">Download and try Gopher Free for 30 days.</a><BR>See if we can help you.</td><TD align="center"></td><td>[​IMG]</td></tr></table>
    <center>Free Web Templates. Free Invoice Background Template Graphics.</center>