New Lawn Care - Instructions

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TheGrassGuy, Jul 18, 2002.

1. TheGrassGuy

TheGrassGuy LawnSite Member

I have been having some trouble with some lawn installations and upgrades we have done - not watering or mowing correctly. I try and get most of these on a maintenance contract but doesn't always work. I explain what needs to be done but I guess they forget. I was going to make up a one page list of instructions to stress how important it is to water a new lawn as well as when and how much - along with other guidelines such as mowing and fertilizer. Does anyone have something like this they could share and I could modify?. If so please post or email me.

Thanks
    Dave

2. Just Turned Pro

Just Turned Pro LawnSite Member

Check with a SOD distributor in your area. The ones here have a sheet like that already made up. Just ask them if you can copy it and hand it out to the customers.

3. TheGrassGuy

I have checked with the local guys and they really don't have what I am looking for.

4. TheGrassGuy

I guess nobody gives out this kind of instructions to customers with new or repaired lawns.

What do you tell them when the job is completed and what do you do if they do not water? Any warranty or does this void it?