New Lawn - NEED HELP

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by sfakeith, Mar 31, 2004.

1. sfakeith

sfakeith LawnSite Member

Not sure if I'm in the right place but I need help. I just closed on a new home with Bermuda sod. Obviously, I'm not an expert, but the sod looks like it was put down by amatuers. Some spots have a 2 inch gap between the individual squares of bermuda. There are areas of very green grass and very brown grass. Is this Normal??? I would love to be steered in the right direction on the best way to maintain my yard. Do I need to fertilize??? The home is in Central Texas. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. Josey Wales

Josey Wales LawnSite Member

Sounds like the sod could have been placed down a bit more professionally but don't worry too much. Right now in this area bermuda is in transition from dormancy and that inconsistant color should correct itself very soon.

That bermuda will fill in and spread like the plague once June gets here and then you'll have more grass than you'll know what to do with :)

Good luck!

Edit: Sorry yeah give it a good round of 24-8-16 or something close with a 3-1-2 ratio and water it in good in about mid April.

3. BW4486

BW4486 LawnSite Member

Yea josey is right bermuda spreads like wildfire so I wouldn't worry about it.