1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

New lawn pics(wet and dry)

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by S man, Jun 27, 2008.

1. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Here are some lawns I did in the rain last saturday. I actually do one more but they were fed up with me anyway(pita) and thought I was crazy to try cutting it in the rain. It was cool to rub it in because the two next door wanted it done even though it was raining. Also are some from today. Those two really come out good. Mower used is a lazer z hp 46". It works really well in the rain.:cool2: Enjoy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Baseballer1100

Baseballer1100 LawnSite Member

Cool Raincover.

3. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

looking good. i think your deck needs some slight adjusting though, the last few pics it aint quite as good of a cut as the first ones. is that st augustine? i love that grass, gota be my favorite to cut.

4. SNAPPER MAN

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

Looking good man. I had to cut some in the rain today and it sucks. Once it quits raining the humidity is almost unbearable. It felt like a steamroom in hell.

5. S man

It's paying for itself! Gotta have it.

I agree my deck could use some adjustment. Those are st. aug and are VERY thick. I was cutting at 3.25 and was mulching. Some lawns come out great some look a little off. I'll ask my dealer about the deck. Thanks.

6. freshprince94

freshprince94 LawnSite Bronze Member

Very nice Scott. So you did get the mulch kit for the Lazer Z?

7. stuffdeer

stuffdeer LawnSite Bronze Member

Cute rain cover.

But I'm sure it was an arm and a leg. I'll just continue getting soaked. lol

8. fool32696

fool32696 LawnSite Senior Member

Here in FL I don't cut any St. Augustine under 4". Cutting that dries it out and looks like crap. I doubt it's a mower issue, the lawn would be uniformly green if you just bring the deck up.

9. jww2008

jww2008 LawnSite Member

Yea the shortest i cut it is 4 and the highest is 5.5 i have no yards below 3.5 3.25 is way to short.

10. S man

Yes. I am mulching in the pics. $159 plus tax.
    $270 plus tax and worth every dime.
    My mower will cut uniformly when it is raised up. Those lawns just grow so fast I try to keep them low. I'll raise up my deck next time though. I talk to quality cuts pls(Anthony) who lives close to me and he says when you cut it too low it will actually grow faster. And when it is cut higher it will look greener and not grow so fast. I try explaining that to some of my customers but just want it cut as low as the mower will go.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: YEAH RIGHT! The lowest I'll go is 2.75 and the lawn has to be VERY short to do that.