1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New Lawn Posting Signs Called TURFMarkers.....

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Mjcurry3, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

Any give in the limits? 5K is a lot for a solo operation on the maint. side even down here in Florida. You said something about splitting them up.......could two companies go in and split a order? If so that would be more reasonable # for me...and I would be willing to drive over to Tampa to pick up.
  2. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

Well, he was one of 2 things. He was either so freakin busy from all the work they produced that he didn't have time to post words...or...He was so freakin pissed about the amount of money they cost without producing that much extra business that he couldn't find the words to express how mad he was...

JSMLAWNCARE LawnSite Member

So, has anybody had any luck with these signs?
    About how long do they stay looking nice?
    Do you think they are worth the investment?

Thanks in advance for your responses.
  4. willretire@40

willretire@40 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from VA

they do definitely work. they keep their shapes and colors for 2 weeks in the sun
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. johnsonslawnmanagement

johnsonslawnmanagement LawnSite Senior Member

From what I see they are strictly targeting large quantity order exclusively. No love for the little man...
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

Yea I got the same feeling, I'm a solo and can't afford the kind of #'s they want to have.
  7. TurfBrands

TurfBrands LawnSite Member

Yeah, 5000 is our minimum order. However, it is not that we have no love for the solo operation. It is the fact that these signs are very labor intensive and therefore come out 100% better than the signs that you are probably using now.

The signs are so great, your business will increase just from brand recognition. Plant It Earth down here in the Tampa area doubled their business in one year. The signs are the reason that the hot leads came into the office.

There is just no better way to brand your business and be compliant with local laws at the same time.
  8. phillie

phillie LawnSite Senior Member

They look awesome, I am just not there yet. One day I might be able to buy 5k of them. I only have 112 customers right now but I have only been in business 2 years. It would take me years upon years to get rid of them. Hell I still have 340 left of my last 1k purchase. haha
  9. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

Only 112 customers LOL You're there!!!
  10. phillie

phillie LawnSite Senior Member

I only do fert & squirt, and light landscaping. Mowing 112 customers would be money but 112 for fert & squirt is only 11-13 full days of work out of every 4-6 weeks. I only used 600-700 flags this year. Even if I had 250 customers 5k signs would last me years.