New Lawn Service Policy

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by troblandscape, Apr 26, 2004.

1. troblandscape

troblandscape Guest

Any new customer that calls for weekly lawn cutting is told to leave cash or check under the door mat for that weeks cut, if they dont like it they can go somewhere else. I am getting very busy with large scale Grading, Drainage and Paver jobs, I don't have the time for writing out bills monthly for only a 140$ bill. I cut three days a week, about 95 lawns total, and am coming to realize at the end of those cutting days.. how happy I would be if I had the money I made that day in a huge wad of cash and checks in my pocket... it would make my life soo much easier. It seems alot of my customers look at my lawn cutting bills and pay them when they please. No More..... all you new guys out there, start doig this from the beginning!

2. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

I don't have time to yack with customers all day while they write out the check either.
    That's what monthly billing is for.

3. troblandscape

troblandscape Guest

Sometimes it takes just as long for customers to find the check book, write the check... as it does for us to cut the lawn. Under the door mat or hidden somewhere esle if you want me to cut your lawn!:D

4. thapco4

thapco4 LawnSite Member

CREDIT CARDS!!!

5. soccerlawn

soccerlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Thats what I hate when you go to get paid and it turns into a five min. ordeal just to write the dang check. I feel like yelling speed it up.