1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New Lawn service tips, the business side?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by superpack84, Jan 29, 2007.

1. superpack84

superpack84 LawnSite Member

I'm looking into starting a new lawn service. I done it before with my brother, and with another guy for a short time with. So I know about what to do with the lawn, but the business side of it I don't know alot about, have any tips?

2. 2menandamower

2menandamower LawnSite Member

I can say get your business lic, Liability insurance, the right equipment and truly care about your customers. Don't be fake but truly care. People will see right through you if you are fake. Listen to the advice you get on here as most of it is good....Good luck and PM me if you want anymore help....
  3. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

I think the thing that has helped me the most is organization. I have digitized everything & switched everything over to Quickbooks. I also run a lot by my accountant & my insurance to make sure I have everything covered that needs to be covered.
  4. westwind

westwind LawnSite Senior Member

Look into some local business classes in your area, also consider some accounting classes.